Government Spending Explained in Household Terms
While there are enough Families with problems in their own household finances, the US Government really is in bad shape if you apply a “normal” view.
#government #spending #data #visualization
Reshared post from +Joseph Pred
Here is why S&P downgraded the US credit rating.
• U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
• Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
• New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
• National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
• Recent budget cut: $ 38,500,000,000
Now let’s remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a household budget.
• Annual family income: $21,700
• Money the family spent: $38,200
• New debt on the credit card: $16,500
• Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
• Total budget cuts: $385
Google+: View post on Google+